Search

Marc Jacobs Beauty Haul



It's been a long week, so treat yourself! I said to myself as I watched the price in my John Lewis basket go up and up. 
One brand I have been waiting to try for a while is Marc Jacobs Beauty, and I've had my eye on two things in particular. The the Glow Stick and the Scandalust palette. I got the glow stick and held off from the eye shadow palette (regrets, guess what I will be buying next month) and I also got a few other bits too!

First things first: Mascara! 




I don't know what it is with me and mascara, but I always get hooked into buying a new one.

It's amazing for bottom lashes and really defines each lash, I also love the inspiration behind the mascara - that Marc watched his mother getting ready growing up and she would shave fibres from a black velvet ribbon to give the illusion she had thicker longer lashes.


Next up: Eyeliner







I bought two of the Highliner Gel Eye Crayons (colours Ro(Cocoa) & Blacquer) and oh my god. These have to be the longest wearing, creamiest eyeliners I've tried??

I think if you wear a lot of pencil/gel eyeliner, particularly in your water line or if you tight line often I would seriously recommend you go out and get one of these to try. So many eyeliners by different brands claim they are long wearing and then disappear or smudge within a matter of minutes, but the Highliner stays put and sets within 30 seconds of application

This eyeliner does not move, I did these swatches at approx 12pm and 5 hours later they look untouched despite me trying to rub them off with my hand and washing my hands various times. 

I want them all. 

And now for the pièce de résistance: Glow Stick in Spotlight




This is legit my favourite highlighter. IT'S STUNNING.
It's everything I need. The search is over. Do you get the message?

Yes, the packaging is strange (I love it). Yes, it does look like a stick deodrant. Yes, it does get dirty quickly even if you are only using your fingers or a brush to apply. Who cares?

It's a cream product that sits well on top of makeup, doesn't separate, it just brings everything together. It's a bit of gold and a bit of silver, and apparently has been created to look good on any skin tone. Its dewy and has this undeniable sheen which doesn't blind you at first sight.

LOVE.


...and here is a photo with everything on:





No comments

Post a Comment